Walled Garden Project

First built around 1830, records show that up until the 1950s, the walled Garden was a thriving oasis of nature. The opening of our Tearoom created a market for our Kitchen Garden and that led to the revival of this wonderful space. In 2011 the Walled Garden Project was launched as a restoration and rejuvenation initiative. It comprises four acres of space contained within tall red brick walls accessed from the formal gardens through an impressive restored ornamental gate.

Today, the produce that is grown in the Walled Garden supplies the Tearooms with vegetables, salads, herbs and fruits as per the Seasons from April to October.