The Orangery is available for Special Event Hire and is a very popular location for wedding and drinks receptions. It was designed and built by William Burn in 1852 after the fashion of the Crystal Palace in England. The original glass dome was the work of Richard Turner who designed the curvilinear range at the National Botanic Gardens in Dublin and at Kew Gardens in London.
The Orangery houses a collection of marble statues gathered in Italy in the 1830 – 1850 period. Classical sculptures include Ganymede giving water to Zeus disguised as an eagle; Cyparissus with his dying deer; Cupid with Pysche and Venus. Other prominent busts include Homer, Socrates, Napoleon, William Pitt and Wellington.